Re: lost gimp files

On Tue, 2019-10-08 at 11:39 -0400, C Bella via gimp-developer-list
wrote:
> I have been a gimp user for several years. Over the years, I've lost
> numerous days of work because, even after saving my work, gimp loses
> files.

First, i'm really sorry this happened to you - it sucks.

Having said that... i've never seen this happen, except under one
circumstance - saving to an external drive and then disconnecting the
drive before the system has finished writing to it (which can be
several minutes after you quit gimp, of course). In Windows, use
"safely remove hardware" to prevent this; on Unix or Linux, do a sync
and an unmount, or use Gnome Files' "eject" button, and so on and so
on.

It's also a good idea to save a copy of your work under a different
filename from time to time.

If GIMP runs out of memory you might conceivably end up with a
corrupted file, of if there's a hardware problem with your system. It's
also possible a faulty plugin could corrupt memory, especially under
Windows (i admit, i don't use many plugins).

> This issue - the one of

Hmm, maybe it's happening to your email, too? :D

Maybe you could give us more information about the circumsttances when
you have problms?

slave ankh

Click here to have the slave rewarded with a new mouse.