Re: Xsane with Gimp on Mac OS X

> On 29 Dec 2018, at 18:56, Brion Vibber via gimp-developer-list <gimp-developer-list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hmm... is something broken with the TWAIN scanner plugin on Mac, or perhaps
> have scanner drivers moved away from using the TWAIN system and so that's
> not picking up your driver?

The TWAIN driver had issues on macOS. I think that for macOS the right way forward is to implement a plugin that uses the ImageCapture libraries. This will give you imports from scanners as well as cameras (including iphones/ipads) for all devices that ship with appropriate macOS drivers.

I once started working on such a plugin but I have no interest in finishing it at this moment. It is not in a good enough shape to put in git. If anyone wants to continue working on this, let me know and I will happily share the code that I wrote as a starting point.

regards,

-kris.