Re: Enhancement request policy

The great advantage of the bug-tracker is that it allows requests to be
handled in a structured way.  It is easy to find specific types of
enhancement requests in the bug-tracker and examine the priority they have
been given and the discussion that followed them.  Getting this information
from a forum is usually much more difficult.

It is quite reasonable to bring up enhancement ideas in a forum and discuss
them there until they are reasonably specific and coherent, but once that
has happened it is helpful to have an enhancement request created in the
bug-tracker.  If the developers don't like them, they can always be
classified as WONTFIX or NOTABUG.