Re: GIMP 2.8 / 2.9 File explorer

* Joseph Bupe <joseph.bupe@xxxxxxxxx> [10-30-14 03:23]:
> On 30 October 2014 02:39, Paka <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > * Joseph Bupe <joseph.bupe@xxxxxxxxx> [10-29-14 20:34]:
> >
> > > I would love to see the GIMP open file explorer
> >
> > er, "file exploder" ???  rather dolphin or krusader or ...
> >
> > > updated to allow multiple thumbnail view; unlike the current explorer
> > > where I have to know the name of the file and click it to view it's
> > > thumbnail.
> >
> > Why want somthing you already have?  This is how my system works unless
> > the image is larger that my preview settings.
> >
> > > In Krita 2.8.2, images in a selected directory are displayed as
> > thumbnails
> > > immediately you navigate to that directory. So if I do not know the name
> > of
> > > a file I can choose it based on its content as seen from a thumbnail
> > among
> > > other thumbnails, than clicking each file through the list of files as in
> > > GIMP.
> > >
> > > I hope this is a usability issue that can be resolved in the earliest
> > > possible time.
> >
> > You are missing something ???
>
> Hi Patrick
>
> You wrote > This is how my system works unless the image is larger that my
> preview settings.

so change the preview setting, duh ????

> Exactly my point. This limitation does not seem to exist in Krita.

but you are in control, change it.

> You wrote >You are missing something ???
>
> YES I am.
>
> Apparently, Krita opens files using the standard open file dialogue of
> the user's operating system.  IMHO, this is the way to go.

And the operating system is chosen by ...   hint, you.

> Did you even compare the Gimp's open file explorer with that of Krita?
> If not I challenge you to do so and see for your self than to believe
> they are the same.  See attachment if you can.

On my system they are quite similar.  Attachments aren't allowed here.

ps: Your quoting style is quite difficult besides answering questions
  before they are asked and including sigs and other irrelevant data.
  Some consideration is expected.  One would think a "computer
  professional" as your sig indicates, would know better.  TOFU
ps2: I cleaned it up for you.  :^(