Re: 32 bit bmp files again

Hi Todd,

just my impression and feelings: 32 bit BMP is an oxymoron. MS has
designed that format, but never managed to implement it. That's why they
still have their ICO format, which is a color image and 2-bits mask.
Instead of implementing full alpha-channel raster format, MS rather
accommodated PNG format. So, for example, if you want to create Windows
Vista compatible icon with alpha channel, you have to embed a PNG image
into the "ico" file.

In other words, you can create 32-bit BMP file, but you will hardly find
a software capable of reading it.

Pavel