Re: Three questions about opening an image and converting it to linear light RGB

El mié, 02-04-2014 a las 16:38 -0400, Michael Henning escribió:

> > Will the image be converted to extended sRGB before image editing can begin?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Will the user see out of gamut (that is, out of the sRGB color space's
> > gamut) RGB values expressed as RGB values that are less than 0.0 and/or
> > greater than 1.0?
>
> Yes. There is one complication: Users have the ability to choose to
> edit in different bitdepths, so the integer bitdepths will be clipped.

Does this mean that in float bitdepths a pixel in a layer could have
negative RGBA values?
That could break compositing badly if those values are not clipped (and
clipping those out-of-bound values would destroy the original gamut,
defeating the purpose of the unbounded colorspace transform).

Maybe I'm getting it wrong, could you please clarify that?

Gez.