Re: Get pointer coordinates in a python script

The evil "Use GimpApplicator" checkbox on the paint tools will cause
them to render with a gegl graph that replicates the painting
functions (evil because it's slow). I do think we should have
pluggable tools in gimp, and using a graph editor to build tools would
also be cool. But I don't think they will be performant enough for
anything but very special effects. So I would much rather aim for
having tools plug at a higher level instead of constraining them to
"node based".