Re: GIMP 2.8 icon

@Tobias

Ah.  The usability guy?  I'd love to talk usability, noticed a few usability issues in 2.7.1 [the only one available to me on OSX, don't know how many issues have been fixed] if you're interested, send me an email :)

I asked on #gimp and the one person who responded told me to ask the developer mailing list :) that's why I'm here.  I could check again, I suppose.

No worries, is there someone ultimately responsible for the icon?  I suppose the icon is probably not a pressing concern among the devs :/ and I'm not familiar with how the icon got decided the last couple of times.  Maybe talking to the previous designer would be a good idea?  Thanks for helping, know the icon isn't your responsibility.

I'll look forward to the interview, as I said I really appreciate the opportunity–hopefully you can send me more details as the time approaches?

Oh, and most of what I said is drawn from the holy grail of ui, the Apple interface guidelines, which covers icons, gui, interaction–everything design related in an app.  Very handy reference, it explains the standards and, more importantly, the thoughts behind them.

Best of luck.