Re: GIMP 2.8 icon

@Tobias:
Glad you like my work.  I'd love to conduct an interview but unfortunately, VoiP is not an option, and it would have to be done via a text-based platform like Google Talk or email.  I realize that this is rather inconvenient, so I won't trouble you by insisting on an interview–if you are still willing, I'd love the opportunity to contribute.

I'm fine about the icon; I will probably release a replacement eventually, and I understand that you may wish to keep a consistent designer throughout GIMP's development.  I look forward to seeing where the icon goes in the next release.  An icon is a crucial part of a program, because to the user, it is the program–they drag the "program" around, place the "program" in their dock or desktop, and click on the "program" to launch it, all while using the metaphor of the icon.  The icons of similar applications, like those of Pixelmator or Acorn, use their icons to communicate the beauty and artistic nature of their respective programs.  GIMP is a powerful, wonderful platform, but to many users–from the time they go to the website to the time they launch it–it doesn't seem that way.  I trust that GIMP's next icon will have been designed with this in mind.

Thanks for hearing my proposal, best of luck in GIMP development.  I'd love to help if ever there is an opportunity, and I thank you all for creating such a great product :)