Re: Fast-painting using the undo stack

Quoting Uri Simchoni <uri_simchoni@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> As far as I can tell, both these ideas cannot be implemented as
> plugins (I cannot duplicate the layers every n milliseconds with a
> plugin, I cannot modify the undo behavior of basic painting tools,
> and I cannot play the undo stack with a plugin) Is that correct?
> Any comments on this, as well as pointers to the code, will be
> appreciated.Thanks in advance,Uri Simchoni

Yes, you are correct. Personally, I think that Recordmydesktop would
be the best solution (cropping out undesirable elements), however, I
have written a Script-fu which somewhat alleviates the problem of not
being able to "replay" the UNDO history. The script is rather simple
and merely adds a command to the File menu which saves a time-stamped
snapshot of the current state of the image. This allows you to step
through the UNDO history, saving a snapshot at each step.

https://chiselapp.com/user/saulgoode/repository/script-fu/wiki?name=sg-snapshot