Re: Isn't this behaviour unintuative?

Martin wrote:

> 2011/6/30 peter sikking <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> I will update the spec now to formalise this.
>> done, and it was not a one-liner.
>>
>> Martin (prime suspect for implementing the change): please do
>> a careful diff in the wiki to see the changes.
>
> It looks straightforward and I expect to be able to update the code for 2.8.
>
> One gripe: The spec says "give secondary support to workflows where
> the input and output are the same non-xcf file" and you just made this
> a bit harder (OK-ing the Export to dialog)

no, nothing changed in the Overwrite workflows.

today's changes can be summarised as:

- in the cases where before Export to was insensitive, it is
 now sensitive and mapped to invoke Export... (the dialog)

- in the cases where Overwrite blocks Export to out of the File menu,
 the shortcut of Export to is still active and mapped to invoke Export...

everything else works like before

> For the record: Would you still want the new approach in the spec if
> Ctrl+E would previously have been an unused keyboard shortcut?

I noticed the equivalence between the Export and Save departments
a long time ago. Today's changes take that one step further.

    --ps

            man + machine interface works

        http://blog.mmiworks.net: on interaction architecture