Re: GLIB version error while compiling GIMP with MacPorts

Tim Chen writes:
> Note that one has to install gtk2 using command below to avoid some weird dependency problems

Most Linux people have to recompile gtk2 (and its dependencies) to
build GIMP now too.

> ImportError: could not import pygtk

Did you build python-gtk? It's a separate package, with its own
dependency set.

Last time I watched someone try to build python-gtk from Macports,
it turned out to be a lot easier just to download the tarballs and
build and install them by hand. Macports wanted to bring in all
kinds of crazy dependencies, including recompiling X and three
different versions of Perl, all of them built from source. But
maybe they've fixed the dependencies since then.

	...Akkana