Re: New schedule for GIMP 2.8

Den 3 apr 2011 23:46 skrev "Åukasz CzerwiÅski" <lc277642@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I'd like to suggest time profiling as another task to be done before the release. Once I started to optimize Gimp's startup time (especially scheme interpreter) and I'd like to return to that task in the near future (when I find at last some time for it :) ).ÂWhat do you think about it?
>
> Åukasz

Improved startup-time is a nice-to-have, but hardly a must-have,
especially since our startup-time is not awfully bad. Most of the
things on our roadmap [1] is more important than improved startup
time. From a GIMP project point if view, it would be better if you
worked on items on the roadmap instead. But you are of course free to
work on whatever you want. We're not going to ignore a high-quality
patch that improves startup time.

Regards,
Martin

[1] http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_Roadmap