Re: [Gegl-developer] GSOC 2011 - GEGL: Make OpenGL branch use OpenCL

Hi! This is a question I haven't though.

Well, I think your second option is feasible. OpenCL headers are
freely (as in freedom) distributed in the khronos group page
(http://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/). We just have to hope vendors
follow this specification.
Of course, we still need proprietary drivers (libOpenCL.so) in the
runtime until there is an open-source implementation. But I don't know
if this is a problem.

bye!