more information about adaptive image cloning project put forward by GIMP for GSOC 11

hi sir,
i am Tarun Gupta. I Study ICT (Information Communication Technology) at DA-IICT Gandhinagar, India. i am interested in the adaptive image cloning  project put forward by GIMP for gsoc this year. I would like to participate as a student applicant for the projects but want to make sure that i fulfill the technical requirements of the project so i would be very thankful to you if you could furnish me the details of the  requirements by a student applicant. I am very keen about this idea and would like to contribute to the community even if the project is not picked up GSOC.I am currently in second year of my UG programme.
i have started reading the material suggested for the project.

regards
Tarun Gupta