Re: Script baffling

Thanks very much folks. I discovered this by accident when I couldn't figure out why the gimp-hue-saturation wasn't working, and I wasn't sure why moving that fixed it, just that it did. I just wish I knew scheme better, but this kind of getting my fingernails dirty is sure helping! Again, thanks for the very helpful help!

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 11:44 PM, <saulgoode@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Quoting Kevin Cozens <kevin@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Roger Penn wrote:
>> The included script worked just fine before upgrading from 2.2 to 2.6. I've
> [snip]
>> (define (BulletinBoard_Blue_Header inText inFilename)
>> (let* (
>>     (drawable -1)
>>     (text inText)
>>     (filename inFilename)
>>     (gimp-context-set-foreground '(41 11 169))
>>     (img (car (gimp-file-load 1
>> "C:\\userfiles\\admin\\images\\GIMP\\bulletin.gif" "bulletin.gif")))
>>     (gimp-image-convert-rgb img)
>
> Your script is calling "gimp-image-convert-rgb" in the variable bindings
> part of the let*. It needs to be in the body of the let*. Move the line to
> just before or after the call to "gimp-selection-none".

I would add that likewise the script is attempting to call
'gimp-context-set-foreground', 'gimp-hue-saturation' and
(conditionally) 'gimp-layer-scale' within the binding block. The
actual effect of this is that new, local variables are created and
assigned the values of the ensuing expressions. The line that attempts
to conditionally call 'gimp-layer-scale' is particularly problematic
because it is redefining "if" (though only for the duration of the
let*).