Pencil Tool

I've begun working on GIMP documentation so GIMP is on my mind a lot lately.
So, I have a suggestion - remove the pencil tool, and instead, add a checkbox
to the brush tool with an "antialiased" label.
My reasoning is that for a new user, the difference between "brush" and "pencil"
is not evident from their name or icon. They do pretty much the same thing with
they only difference being that pencil is not antialiased. The pencil tool is
nothing like an actual pencil. So, if we want the UI to reflect the actual
workings of the program, it makes sense to do this.

The only objection I can think of is if in real-life situation people actually
use the pencil tool in conjunction with the brush tool in such a way that they
have a separate settings for each, and the change from one to other a lot. But
that is what tool presets are for.