Re: Creating sub-directories from Script-Fu scripts

Rob Antonishen wrote:
> Is there any consideration to enabling all the tsx functions?

I included the portion of tsx that I thought would be of the most general
use. One function I did not include (which has recently been mentioned on
this list -- or was it on IRC?) is getenv. I think this would be worth
enabling so I will do that after I complete some other work I'm currently
doing on Script-Fu.

> In particular, (system command) would be real handy.

Um... no. The "system" function was deliberately left out of the portion of
tsx I included with Script-Fu. Few people would need it and it is just too
dangerous to have available in all GIMP installs. It would allow creation of
trojan scripts that could do damage to a computer.

On the other hand, the Perl, Python, and Ruby language bindings can issue
system commands so malware scripts are already possible but not every GIMP
install can use those other language bindings "out of the box".

We need to think a little about this before going ahead and enabling a
function that would allow system calls to be used in scripts that could be
run on any machine with GIMP.