Re: developer with spare time.

That certainly looks like something I could help with. Is there a priority list of missing operations, or is it more a case of just going through the gimp filters one by one? Is it the final intention that all gimp filters will be implemented by gegl one day?

Andy.

On 11 January 2011 17:13, Øyvind Kolås <pippin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM, andy gill <andyggill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, I'm a coder with some spare time, wondering how to spend it.
> Are there any jobs that could be usefully picked up by someone who isn't one
> of the core developers?

One thing that will prove beneficial in the future, is the porting
more of the plug-ins GIMP ships with by default to also be available
GEGL ops. (thus preparing for the time when GIMP is internally using
GeglBuffers and having >8bpc ways of processing is more important.

Looking at various files in common/ and other subdirectories of
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gegl/tree/operations/ should provide a
guide to how such ops can be implemented.

Such contributions would be completely self-contained and thus not
need any changes to infrastructure.

Such ops would at first only be available through the GEGL tool with
automatically constructed property UIs. I expect at some point that
there will also be seperatly loadable plug-ins providing custom UIs
for specific GEGL ops. (This is something I believe might belong in
GIMP not GEGL; or perhaps even in a gegl-gtk-ui convenience library).

/Øyvind K.
--
http://pippin.gimp.org/