Re: GUI enhancement patch from GIMP UI brainstorm blog

hello every one!

The original Vision and the "what if"?----------------------------------------------------
I have seen the new changes based on UI brainstorm, and i have to say that is very good for testing to have the ability of test new UI changes like MrSigtech. has done. But i agree with main developers. Because UIbrainstorm is just like that. and i see that it will be a madness to test all ideas.It will be bad for coherence in UI terms to have infinite versions of Gimp with different UI design. I agree with the "phone support" idea.That is important for development and for teaching, tutorials, books and more things to come.

We canÂt forget that gimp has a vision, a "good" or a "bad" vision ,it depends who is talking about it. But is an "Own" vision. all the painter stuff is against this original vision, But could this change for a new open vision? i thing that is possible. and good for both audiences, photographers and illustrators,.I know we are very very different fields but this could be very good to improve our knowledge of gimp.

Nowadays we have things like David RevoyÂs (sintel Art director) DVD "Chaos and evolutions"
that shows gimp paint potential using gimp painter and a personal brushkit that is completely free to download.
Also we have GimpPaintStudio with lot of presets and people that is start to using it regularly due his features.
and Gimp Painter is still in progress adding new features like mixbrush, g-pen, smoothing,minscale,power...

All this means that there is a good audience, and lot of interest on have a good painting features in gimp,althoug there is no painting purposes on the original vision.althoug we have mypaint and krita, we want, we would like to have this painting power on our loved gimp.

Colaboration between the actual resources.----------------------------------------------
So i have to thank a lot all the people working hard in provide GIMP. coders,web-designers,and original creators.Gimp is now really good ,but will be impressive if we open our mind and see what happens. GimpPaint Studio supports gimppainter use and even more in the 1.5 release where we are using more the "texture" feature of the mixbrush.something that is not possible on the original Gimp by now.
My personal thought is that it will be better to work all together, in the same direction like a team.Sigtech and his Gimppainter team coding working in combination with Alexia and the gimp team, all supervised by guiguru.Sigtech and his team is an amazing resource, and we have to use it properly, giving him help and encouragement. he alreaday have done a good job with gimp painter, but imagine what he could do with more time a bit of support,and more coders.
if Enselic is not available for a time, well, letÂs him relax :D .meanwhile, Gimpaintstudio will be still developing new ways to use tools, spreading the gimp use all over the world by videotutorials, wiki, etc.

But i want to say something that maybe it will not sound so good.Roughness is not good, and it is absurd be rude when we all are in the same team,trying to help.And we have to think that we work by internet and "irc" can be cold missing the "tone" of the words.and also english is not always our language so it is more difficult to explain some things or even our thoughts.
And if we want to get some new coders or people interested on invert his spare time on gimp development, we have to make the idea more atractive, by kindness, communication, and maybe more social network pressence. To make some videos showing the good capabilities of gimp.. .in other words, marketing to sell the Idea "gimp is good ,powerful and fun." wich is true but unfortunately not so well known.

this is mi honest opninion