brushes again...

GIMPsters,

talking to Alexia today we came up with a matrix of different cases
needing different cursor feedback:

in one dimension: mouse up; mouse down + not moving; mouse down + moving

in the other dimension: painting; touching up; textures/image brushes/
stamping

multiplying this 3x3 matrix out we got 9 cases that all need their own
feedback (or not) for assessing the
1) centre coordinate
2) outline of brush stamp
3) opacity of stamp pix
4) a fitted ellipse or rectangle that hints at the total brush area,
aspect ration and angle.

the goal of this mail is to getting this matrix filled for each case.

share your experience,

     --ps

             man + machine interface works

         http://blog.mmiworks.net: on interaction architecture