Re: Hello from an Inkscape filters developer !

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 06:42:52PM +0000, Ivan Louette wrote:
> Just to say Hi and tell that I would be interested to discuss and contribute to
> the Gimp/Inkscape synchronization.
[...]

I'm not one of the Gimp-developers, even I looked a littlebid into the code.
But I think this would be a good idea.

I use inkscape not since long, but it has some nice features,
which are not available in Gimp.
On the other side for pixeil graphics, Gimp is more advanced, of course.

Exporting from svg to bitmaps in inkscape could be enhanced.
But also some of inkscape's vector features migth make sense
to be integrated into Gimp.

At least something like a common API that allows programmers to access both
internal specific program APIs from the outside with one such interface/API
for both, would be fine.

So, if I have one API to load and change a picture through one of both programs
(maybe implemented via plugins in Gimp and... inkscape... hmhhh does inkscape
has a plugin-mechanism? not sure) transparently, this would be nice.

..just an idea.

Ciao,
   Oliver