Color from gradient broken

I just played a bit with this and I confirm there is something fishy in
the UI (I'm on 2.6).

When using a tablet, with "color from gradient" checked and all brush
dynamics (pressure/velocity/random) un-checked, one ends up in  a mode
where the color is derived from the length of the current brush stroke.
And there is nothing making that clear in the UI. And when one selects
another dynamic, the "length" one disappears and nothing shows how to
put it back.

So, my suggestion;

1) make the "length" dynamic (or whatever its official name is)
explicit, with its own line of checkboxes.

2) grey out the gradient part when no "color" is used in any of the
dynamics (its "length" selector, that seem used only for the length
dynamic could be replaced by the cursor on the right of the checkboxes).

3) the "fade out" option is merely the opacity controlled by the length
dynamic.

4) grey out the pressure/veloclity (no tilt support yet?) when there are
no extended devices.

5) come to think of it, the amount of jitter could also be controlled by
the dynamics (of course we need a way to specifiy a fixed jitter, either
by an artificial "no dynamic", or by using a minimum cursor value in the
length dynamic).

6) I'm not too enamored with the little cursor symbols next to the
checkboxes. 1) iIt is not so obvious there is something to set there, 2)
they aren't that much readable, 3) they don't explain how they work
(percentage? length? pixels/second)? 3) some dynamics may need more than
one cursor (for length: none/sawtooth/triangle, but pressure/velocity
could have several transfer functions)

Hoping my criticism has been constructive enough ...