Re: Native RAW support

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 07:53 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> I think the point here is that configure, make, make install on a GIMP
> tarball - with all dependencies met - should result in a GIMP
> installation with good support for working with RAW images.

Oh come on. The ufraw plug-in is much better maintained outside the GIMP
source tree. No one would benefit if we tried to include all third-party
plug-ins in the GIMP source tree. That's just silly. Our product vision
states that GIMP should be easily extendable. Instead of adding more
plug-ins to the source tree, as you suggest, we should work on making it
easier for users to install additional plug-ins.

Sven