Re: Help with new default resources in 2.8

I hope you don't deem it inappropriate for a non-developer to input his opinion on a developing issue but I'd like to add that people who are really concerned about what GIMP can not do are certainly not concerned about the set of brushes, patter etc pp. shipped with GIMP. If there is something to work on in, especially the brushes section then it is improving the brush engine to give greater GENERIC flexibility - take a commecrical brush engine as an example - I only know the PS one and I think that's what's needed. Predefined pattern and brushes are useless from a certain extend on. They just bloat the list with things you will never use. As an artist (which I am hardly) I will surely refrain from using an oversized set of patterns and brushes. A decent amount of generic patters and brushes (bitmap) are very good - common things, mostly grain patterns - no one uses apparently repetetive patterns and diffuse irregular brushes which cannot be generated. But then on the brush

size, we need far more control over generic brushes. Again, look at PS.