Re: Merchandizing for the GIMP.

On Wednesday, June 09, 2010 20:19:03 Sven Neumann wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 16:32 +0200, Simon Budig wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > At LGM we threw some ideas around for Gimp-Merchandizing.
>
> Since I haven't been at LGM, I have trouble to understand the motivation
> for doing GIMP merchandising.
IT was discussed and two reasons dominated.

a) Promotion material for the fun of it. Cheap giveaways, like Wilber stickers
you can give away at local meets for fans to show their love for gimp. It
boosts the fun index of the project sky high. Heck, I wish *I* had some to
stick on my laptop lid. When I finally get a decent printer I might print some
paper ones but... Real stuff would be way cooler.

b) Something a little bit better as a token of appreciation. Google gives the
GSOC students shirts... It would be rally nice if we could give them a nice
little mug with Wilber on or something.

And If someone wants to buy the items, that should ye,s be an option too but
it wasn't really the aim.

> You are certainly not doing this for the money, are you? We have a
> steady flow of donations coming in and basically nothing to spend this
> money for.

This was proposed as a way to do something with the money that would be fun.

> Perhaps someone can explain why the GIMP developers should even care
> about merchandising.
Im speaking for myself here I guess, but Id like to have something to show off
what I do as a hobby ... and spread the Wilber love around.

-- Alexia