Re: Gimp UX: Paste

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I bound this to ctrl-v and played for a while and it feels pretty
>> intuitive.  One "feature" is that if you make a selection and go
>> ctrl-x, ctrl-v it pastes the cut out bit exactly where it was cut out
>> from, which makes sense.
>
> That is what GIMP has been doing all the time, right ?

Yes, as long as the selection remains.

Selecting nothing and copy+paste also pastes the layer in place -
unless you select a layer with a different size before pasting.  For
example, copying a 300px wide layer, selecting a 600px wide layer and
pasting centers the floating selection.  I'd prefer it pasted in the
original position in this case - but this is only my opinion.

Chris