GSOC: cage based transform tool

Hello,

Since my gsoc proposal was accepted, I described in more details the behavior and the technical part of my tool.

I'd like to have opinion and advise from competent people on the different part (UI, reconstruction step ...).

You could find the detail, either in a public wave or in the following of this mail.

http://wave.google.com/wave/waveref/googlewave.com/w%2BvsoJ9FmFH

Thanks

Michael Muré

Green coordinates

http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~lipmanya/GC/gc_techrep.pdf

https://www.mi.fu-berlin.de/wiki/pub/Main/TobiasPfeiffer/gc-talk.pdf

http://www.den.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~yu-ohtake/GeomPro/3/GreenCoordinates.ppt

http://www.den.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~yu-ohtake/GeomPro/3/GC2D.jar

Preparation step

Binding step

Real time deformation step

Final action

Image reconstruction

I see 2 ways to handle the problem

Solution 1:

Solution 2:

idea:

Data structure

for the coefficients, 2 big table should be enough since they are computed during the bind, and don't change after

Reverse transform is mathematically too difficult ?

I'm not sure yet, but I think the transformation is not bijective, so reverse transformation cannot be achieved

Ways of improving

UI

http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~weber/Publications/Complex-Coordinates/Complex_bary_coords.mov

idea: