Re: incomprehensible behavior with the git version

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Olivier <olecarme@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Omari Stephens <xsdg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Try running "ldd `which gimp-2.7`" on both machines.  I would imagine
there's a dependency issue.  Specifically, I'd wonder about your
versions of X11 and GTK

Since the problem finally occurs on the same machine, but with  two different users, it must be a matter of personal GIMP environment. I'm searching in this direction.

I think I have the answer, but I don't know why it is such, and whether I should file a bug: it depends on the input device mode setting. If the tablet mouse is set to GDK_MODE_SCREEN, its wheel no longer works in the image, although it works in the scrolling bars. It no longer allows to change the text parameters in the image, and the tablet pen, which must be in screen mode for the pressure and tilt parameters to work, cannot be used for changing parameters of a text in the image.

I don't have the same problem on the computer at home because I don't have a tablet there. And a new user does not have the problem, because the input device configuration is in its default state.

--
Olivier Lecarme