Re: paint dynamics

On Tuesday 16 February 2010 22:22:17 LightningIsMyName wrote:
> Can you give some explanations of what is needed? It suprises me that
> there is a problem with a curves widget, when we can "steal" most of
> the code from the existing curves dialog of the curve tool...
> I would like to know some more about this, maybe this is something
> that I can do (I probably won't be able to do it since my GTK
> programming skills aren't so great, but let's give it a try).

Curves widget is not a problem. Problem is the general making of Peter's
spec[1] so that developers who do know gtk, dont faint in disgust at the sight
of the code. for example, one dock needs to hold 2.5 distinct views. the check
gird and two very similar variants of curves views switched by the drop down.
I cant even imagine a solution for this in gtk terms.

[1] http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/Paint_dynamics_specification

-- Alexia