Re: dynamic plugin menu

Hello Gena,

I tried to browse the source of the script-fu plugin to answer your
question, and this is what I came up with:

> "A temporary procedure is a procedure which is only available while one
> of your plug-in's "real" procedures is running. "

That is correct - If you will look at line 107
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/plug-ins/script-fu/script-fu.c#n107,
you will see that the plugin is registerd as an extension and not as a
regular GIMP plugin. On line 217 and 221, the plugin registers itself
as an extension, and this way it allows itself to run from the moment
gimp starts up, untill GIMP is exited.
When registering an extension instead of a "normal" GIMP plugin, the
run procedure will be called during GIMP's start-up, and the plugin
will then be able to register temporary procedures (exactly like the
Script-Fu scripts) that will be available untill GIMP exits.

Just to show you how the script-fu extension continues to run after it
was intialized, look at the list of all the running procedures on your
computer and you should see that as long as gimp is open, there is
also a procedure called script-fu running.

After creating the temporary procedures with your extension, you can
unregister them using gimp_uninstall_temp_proc, and the register them
again inside another menu.
What I suggested is probably not the best way in the world, but it's
the only way I can think of.

Hope this helps,
~ LightningIsMyName