Re: GIMP GIT: window hints and text move

On 01/22/2010 05:22 AM, Michael J. Hammel wrote:
::snip? SNIP!::
> 2. I'm using multi-window mode in 2.7.  I'm using GNOME and the
> Workspace Switcher with 12 workspaces in two rows.  I start 2.7 in one
> workspace, then switch to another, then back to the GIMP workspace.  The
> toolbox and docks are gone - I can't find them in any workspace.  Only
> the image window remains visible.  Tabbing doesn't change anything.  I
> have seen this with window manager hints set to either Normal Window and
> Utility Window.  I've not tried Keep Above.  Am I perhaps not
> configuring something correctly?

This is a window-manager-specific issue.  From what I recall, some
window managers are broken either way, and this was judged the lesser of
two evils.

I don't know the bug number off-hand, and can't find it, but it's
somewhere in bugzilla.  Neo pointed me at it around a year ago, but I've
since lost track.

--xsdg