Re: GIMP GIT: window hints and text move

On Friday 22 January 2010 07:38:46 Owen wrote:
> It has changed.
>
> I now select the Move tool (Move the active layer) to reposition.

This drops you out of edit mode for the text layer and getting back to it is a
lot of clicks.I find this a bit bothersome. Also, the move tool is not really
convenient if you want to grab something very thin, like a font. Hitting the
opaque area is annoyingly hard.

My workaround is usually to use the handles to reposition the bounding box by
changing its size temporarily. Perhaps it would make sense to have a move
handle on that bounding box as well, that would let you reposition the whole
thing.

--Alexia