Re: JPEG quality factor - some remaining odds and ends

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:38:40PM +0100, yahvuu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> recent discussion on gimp-user brought up some usuability issues
> of the JPEG export dialog [1]. Actually, there's nothing new to say
> about it... the big "JPEG quality" thread did cover it all [2].
> However, due to the sheer size of that thread, i think a summary of
> open issues is useful.

Can't recall if there was ever a discussion there about the
possibility of entering a starting desired file-size in the dialog,
whereupon the slider would be adjusted, from where it could be tweaked
up or down. Having limited storage space on my server, I am always
doing the quality/size compromise. Would be handy if the default
starting-point could be adjusted to size rather than quality.

Scott.