Re: Wish: adding Jitter and Brush Dynamics into Script-Fu

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 14:16 +0100, ginodonig@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi.
>
> 2009/10/31 Michael Natterer <mitch@xxxxxxxx>
>
>         On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 11:40 +0100, ginodonig@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>         > Hi.
>         >
>         > After glancing over the various commands listed inside the
>         Script-Fu
>         > Procedure Browser, I noticed that it ain't possible to
>         invoke Jitter
>         > and Brush Dynamics by using the Script-Fu language.
>         >
>         > It would be nice if these two useful features were
>         implemented within
>         > Script-Fu in some way.
>         >
>         > By chance, the addition of these functionalities into
>         Script-Fu (as
>         > new procedures or maybe as arguments of existing procedures)
>         is
>         > planned for upcoming versions of GIMP?
>

>         yes.
>
>         ciao,
>         --mitch
>

> Out of curiosity, generally speaking, how this integration will be
> eventually performed? Maybe, Brush Dynamics and Jitter will become new
> arguments of the Script-Fu procedures concerning Brush Tools (like
> gimp-paintbrush, gimp-dodgeburn, gimp-edit-stroke, etc...) ?

We don't know yet, but additional parameters are not an option
because that would break existing scripts. The general plan is
to introduce variable argument lists with named parameters
and default values, but for paint properties I guess there will
simply be more setters in the gimp-context namespace that will
affect the paint functions.

ciao,
--mitch