Re: ceci n'est pas une selection...

Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 09:29 -0800, Patrick Horgan wrote:

Yea!!!  Seems like an obvious idea now that I've heard it that would
make tablet user's lifes more happy:)  Although, if you think about why
I would be wanting to get rid of the selection, I'm probably going to
have to scale or select another layer or something that is also less
than optional.  If we could have two little buttons it would be much
better.  The first, the aforementioned selection canceler, and the
second, something that does the same toggle as hitting <TAB>.  I love
the <TAB> keyboard shortcut, but to use it I usually have to set down my
tablet and reach over to the keyboard, which breaks the flow.

I wonder why you need both hands on the tablet. The pros that I have
seen working with GIMP always had one hand on the keyboard and the other
hand holding the tablet pen. I don't want to offend you in any way, I
just would like to understand why using the tablet and the keyboard at
the same time is not an option for you.

One hand on the tablet and the other on the pen doesn't leave a third for the keyboard.  Have to set down the tablet or the pen, and since I usually use my left hand for <TAB>, and for the tablet, it's the tablet that's set down.  I have the tablet, a wacom, in my left hand.  I imagine that I could set the tablet down and still use it, but it doesn't feel right.  Maybe if I had a bigger tablet?  The keyboard goes up to the edge of the desk, where would I put the tablet but holding it?  You've really confused me Sven.  My insecure side says maybe I'm using my tablet wrong?  But seriously holding it works like holding a tablet for me--it's natural.

Patrick

Sven