Re: Progressive escalation of help

On 10/25/2009 05:26 PM, Sven Neumann wrote:

>>> YES !!
>>
>> I agree, distributing documentation separately for a program
>> like GIMP never made much sense to me
>
> You are ignoring two facts here:

My reply was a bit hasty and I apologize. Thanks to the
documentation team and Jernej for their hard work.

Keeping the documentation online is in many ways a good idea.
There is one thing we could do better though. Right now
when pressing F1 without a locally installed copy of the
manual there is a dialog box that says "you don't have
a copy of the GIMP user manual installed" with a button
to go to the online manual. IMO we should take the user
directly to the online manual and not nag her with dialogs.

I've talked to guiguru about this previously and to get
this to work good is a more work than it initially feels
like.

 / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog: