Re: Invoking custom Gimp module from Web (Apache)

You're right. Keeping a running Gimp daemon in
memory would most certainly speed things up
(for subsequent calls)

I recall the python tutorial has some sample code
on writing simple servers in python (so, the python code
is already available, therefore I'd guess it's probably
just a matter of importing it into the Gimp-python plugin
 - hence no need to do much/any low-level socket programming.

I'm running my devel code (apache+mod_py+Gimp) on a tiny
web-book (acer's aspire one) so I'd guess better performance would be
achieved de-facto by simply using better hardware
(I mean, in a production environment).

(and re-writing all this in C would obviously win the 100m hurdles,
but that's overkill for me, for now, I'll be happy with working python code)

vio

PS. Hey, nice last name :)
Sounds like You must get a lot of action at Halloween...