Re: Updating plugin dialog after click in main window

What you want is probably either a GimpColorSelection
( http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/libgimpwidgets/GimpColorSelection.html )
or a GimpColorButton
( http://developer.gimp.org/api/2.0/libgimpwidgets/GimpColorButton.html ),
which pops up a GimpColorSelection when pressed.  I don't think there is any way
to get it to update automatically when the core changes.  Once upon a time this
happened without any programming needed, but in the current Gimp, each
plug-in has its own "context" for things like colors, and there is no way for
the core Gimp application to pass messages to a plug-in, except in response to a
request from the plug-in.  The only way to do it, as far as I know, is for the
plug-in to interrogate the core at regular intervals to see if anything has
changed, and that's a nasty solution.

  -- Bill