Updating plugin dialog after click in main window

Hey all,
I believe this message's subject is quite explicit; basically, I have aplugin dialog in which the user can input three 0-255 numbers for colorselection, or alternately use the current foreground color. What I'm lookingfor is a way for the plugin to know when it should update its own dialog,which would be the time when the user uses the color picker and clickssomewhere on the opened image. As it currently is, picking a color leavesthe dialog's inputs unchanged, which is not very elegant.
Also, I was wondering if there is an easy way to add a "color selectorthing" (this thing where all available colors are displayed in a rectanglespace so you can just click on the one you want) to the dialog. I'm guessingthis is more GTK related, but I can't seem to find information about it.
Thank you all and please have a nice day!