PyGimp on Windows XP

I am trying to get PyGimp installed and working on Windows XP.  It seems like this should be easier than it used to be.  A quick google lead to several long install procedures.  I have been using PyGimp in Ubuntu and am quite happy with it, but I know need to use it in windows.

Preparation:
My computer has Python 2.5 and PyGTK.

Install:
I ran the installer I downloaded from here:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gimp-win/gimp-2.6.7-i686-setup.exe

with PyGTK installed, if gives me the option to install the Python extension (I did this).

I don't get any error messages, but it doesn't seem like PyGIMP is really working.  Unlike in Ubuntu, I don't have any Python menu items under Filters, I don't see any place to launch a Python console, and it doesn't recognize any of the scripts I have in $HOME\\.gimp-2.6\\plug-ins

Are there other installation steps I am missing?  How would I know if PyGIMP was really working under windows?

Thanks,

Ryan