Question about: JPEG / JFIF comments

Hi guys,

my name is Rashid, I'm 23, studing computer science in germany and I
need your help.

I need to save / read a comment in a jpeg file for a project. It must
be a jfif comment (not exif). My OS is Ubuntu 9.04 and I have used
libexiv2 (but they told me now, I have to use a jfif comment).

The code is allready working with libexiv2. I just need to change the
lib for the comment. I have read about libjpeg-dev but I dont
understand it. GIMP can write and read jfif comments.

So I'm asking you:

Can you copy the GIMP code read / write the jfif comments? I need just
2 functions like

void writeComment(char* filename, char* data);
unsigned char* readComment(char* filename);

OR

Can you tell about an easy to use jpeg library that can read / write
jfif comments? Or an easy tutorial for libjpeg-dev to read / write
comments?

It would realy help me. Thank you.

Bye
Rashid