Re: What would be a better set of default resources?

On 07/28/2009 03:04 AM, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
> Getting back to the start of this discussion --
>
> I am in talks with the new mantainer of a very popular brazillian GIMP
> comunity portal this week (Guilherme coordinating www.ogimp.com.br  with
> ~20.000 unique visitors a day)-- he has resources of his own which could be
> made available eitehr in GIMP or in gimp-data-extras . Moreovr a "call for
> help" on these online comunities could result in a large number of
> contributions from Brazillian artists (most with poor English comunication
> skills)

Hi Joao,

To be honest, I don't like the idea of involving like tens of thousands
of Brazillians with poor English communication skills in a way that
requires asking for permission on this list. It is of course great if we
can get help to create or collect the resources we have decided to add,
but I don't see why you would need to ask us for permission to manage
something like that on a site not administrated by us.

> So it ocurred to me: maybe we could make a "call for contributions" for new
> resources, and some open voting mechanism. The top rated artwork would make it
> into GIMP as patterns and brushes, and some  more could be made available in
> gimp-data-extras .

As long as you take care of managing the whole thing and don't use this
list for it (except perhaps linking to existing discussions), this is
fine with me.

  / Martin