Re: Improvement for measurement tool

Hi,

On Sun, 2009-07-05 at 22:42 -0400, Alec Burgess wrote:

> Works on Windows 2.6.6 but message is displayed in Error console
> (which I have as one of panels in main dock) not on the status bar. Is
> this somehow configurable?
>
> Note: IMO this is a feature not a bug since it allows user to change
> the path and re-measure leaving a "history" record in the Error
> console.

If the error-console is opened, all messages are redirected there. The
ideas is that the error-console is only useful when debugging or
developing scripts.

> Bug?: The entry "Filters - Measurement - Path" is always enabled
> whether or not any path exists (expected) but in Filters-Repeat
> "Path",  Filters-Reshow "Path" and Filters-Recently Used-Path it
> always shows as Disabled (grayed out).
> Is this an easy fix?

This might fix itself if you change your script not to use the
deprecated register() API. You should instead use the variant that
passes the menu location as value of the named parameter 'menu'. The way
your script is using register() triggers an obscure backward
compatibility quirks mode, which is probably not what you want.

Sven