Re: Improvement for measurement tool

What the heck - I added it as a (very) simple plug-in:http://registry.gimp.org/node/17235
In 2.6. it returns the length of the path on the status bar.  I usedgimp_message, so IIRC the location of the message is configurable.  Itsilently fails if there is no active path - it seems to work OK withmultiple paths, straight lines, and curves.  There is no need tostroke the path.
You will need to have Python installed though...