What's next for the meta-data browser

Hi folks,

I'm currently devoting some of my spare time on working on the metadata
browser and I'm wondering which should be worked on next. As a quick
background:

The metadata browser currently consists of seven tabs: Description,
Copyright, Origin, Camera 1, Camera 2, Advanced. Only two tabs "work":
Description and Advanced. The first tab shows dublin core metadata
fields, such as: title author, description, keywords. The last -
advanced - tab, shows schemas and their properties expanded as a tree.
Some of the property values can be edited by the user, some can't.

So, I picked as a next working target the description tab.

Two questions:

    1. Do I have to be careful when entry callbacks write to the
    XMPModel (or any other model or structure) everytime a user types in
    a character (performance wise)?

    2. I tried to find out how I can add callbacks to editable tree
    items. Those callbacks should update the corresponding fields in the
    description tab. E.g someone changes in the advanced tab the title
    field. This change should then visible in the description tab and
    the title has changed.
    What am I looking for, when I want to add callbacks to those tree
    columns? A pointer to documentation or some keywords I should look
    out for would be helpful.

If there are more important changes for the browser than the description
tab, let me know. Maybe I should rather focus on make the advanced tab
more usable ... don't know.

If you need more information to provide useful help, let me know :)

Cheers!
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de