Re: GIMP GAP question

Quoting Mirai Warren <the.future.comes.mw@xxxxxxxxx>:

> What I want to do is similar to the "Duplicate Continue" plugin, but
> instead of duplicating the entire frame, only the current layer would
> be duplicated and added to the layer stack of the following frame, and
> a new frame would not be created.  What I tried was to switch out
> gap_lib_image_file_copy with gap_layer_copy_to_image but I don't know
> how to get the current layer as the source layer.

The short answer:

   source_layer_id = gimp_image_get_active_layer(source_image_id)

You should be aware, however, of how GAP determines the "active layer"
for each frame; it varies depending upon the settings of the
"AL-Tracking" mode specified in the VCR Navigator (this mode being one
of "by layername", "by layerstack position", or "off").

I would also point out that the task you are attempting can be
accomplished using GAP's Onionskin capabilities. The configuration
options for onionskinning are described in the following document:

http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gimp-gap/tree/docs/reference/txt/plug-in-gap-onionskin-configuration.txt