Re: Wanted: Gimp Modification for Kids Product

On Wed, 27 May 2009, Simon Budig wrote:

> Jackson Tam (jtam@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>> We want to simplify things so that a kid could :
>
> Actually you might want to have a look at tuxpaint, which seems to have
> the same target audience as you.

I'm not sure about TuxPaint, but there are a lot of similar
graphics programs out there.

Furthermore, you can

  - remove just about all the tools from the toolbox.
  - launch it via a command like `gimp frames.xcf` which would
load an image with the frames as separate layers.
  - add a plugin that places a resized SVG as a border on top of
the image.

--
| Andrew A. Gill     To ensure continued quality of service,   |
|                    this e-mail is being monitored by the NSA |