Wanted: Gimp Modification for Kids Product

Dear all,

Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to simplify/customize the GIMP interface for kids to use? We’re interested in using GIMP with an inexpensive digital camera.

We want to simplify things so that a kid could :

  1. Easily paste custom clipart (like how a rubber stamp works)
  2. Easily apply a custom frame to the photo (Preferably, the frame would automatically re-size to fit the photo).

We also want to simplify the interface. Possibly by closing the default tool palette and having a simple subset of those tools on a new floating palette.

Is this possible to do with GIMP? How? Are there any legal obstacles? We want to distribute this modified software on a CD-Rom with the camera (and include the source code of course). The only thing that we wouldn’t be able to share with the public would be the clipart and frames which would have copyrighted characters from a children’s brand.  The clipart and frames would reside on the CD-Rom.

And is there a developer in this forum who would be able to do it for us? Please send me a quote.

Thank you.

Jackson

This message contains information proprietary to our company. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity named above or their designee.

Any distribution of this message or the information contained herein without written permission from our company is strictly prohibited. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.