Re: [wish] alignment rotation

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 10:46 -0700, Akkana Peck wrote:
> Jay Smith writes:
> > My desire would be for:
> >
> >    click (on first point)
> >    click (on second point to finish the line)
> >    do a keystroke command that can be accomplished with ONE hand
> >      to execute the task (I would prefer not to have to hit the Enter
> >      key)
>
> You could perhaps do this with a plug-in:
>
> - Use the Paths tool
> - Click on first point, then on second point

This has already been done:

The discussion:
http://forum.meetthegimp.org/index.php/topic,223.0.htm

and the current Python code:
http://forum.meetthegimp.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=223.0;attach=328

> It would still be a useful feature to add to the Rotate tool, and
> that discussion should continue; but since any change to a tool
> won't be available until the next major version, this might be
> a workaround that you could use right now.

This should be in the rotate tool. The grid is great, but sometimes I
have some problems to align it properly.

Rolf
http://meetthegimp.org